Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: September 9, 2018
PAND-06412-E - Facilities Maintenance Technician -ElectricianAs our Facilities Maintenance Technician, located in Tinley Park, IL you will service, repair, install, modify, maintain, fabricate and assist in the design of new and existing, building systems, mechanical equipment and occasionally, production equipment, although your primary focus will be with power distribution and lighting systems. Any experience or background in that area, including trade school certification will be a plus in your application. Solid experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, building automation, pumps and motors will also make you an ideal candidate. So would excellent communication skills, being highly motivated, a self starter and a track record of taking the initiative along with superb trouble shooting skills. You will also need to occasionally drive to other Panduit locations, have a valid driver's license and have your own tools. You will also be able to work the afternoon shift, Monday through Friday (3 PM to 11 PM with a shift differential bonus). This is a great opportunity for the motivated individual who would like to take their technical career to the next level. We encourage you to apply today!
Qualifications are but not limited to:
- Has typically completed a formal job-related apprenticeship or its equivalent in combined trade-related schooling and/or progressive job-related experience;
- Basic familiarity with codes governing proper installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and devices, following practices and regulations common to trade (i.e., National Electric Code);
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, circuit fundamentals, assemblies and their interrelationships to perform assigned tasks in a safe manner;
- Experience with and knowledge of commonly accepted standards of machine trouble-shooting and repair, machine shop practices, building maintenance, welding, pipefitting, rigging, fluid power systems and controls, carpentry, refrigeration, telephony and data terminal equipment is a plus;
- Capable of reading/ interpreting electrical meters, gauges and scales;
- Able to understand/ interpret complex sketches, blueprints, layouts, manufacturer's literature, preventative maintenance forms, and shop orders;
- Expected to own and use sufficient quantity of tools necessary to perform required work and consistently maintain a high level of good housekeeping, adhering to all safety regulations and safe work practices;
This is a great opportunity for the motivated individual who would like to take their technical career to the next level. We encourage you to apply today!
As a Facilities Maintenance Technician with Panduit you will be working with a world-class organization's headquarters' in a class A building. The job will allow you to have a broad range of responsibilities in a maintenance department that continues to grow. Our two primary buildings have state-of-the-art building automation systems with which you will be thoroughly involved. You will be able to use your technical skills to resolve issues and keep our electrical and mechanical systems running at peak performance. This is the perfect opportunity for the skilled technician who finds satisfaction in making an impact within their organization or a junior technician wanting to add to their skills. Take your career to the next level with this opportunity with a global company that is a leader in their market.
Panduit Corp. provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Since 1955, Panduit has offered end-to-end industrial, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions that deliver best-in-class network performance with superior quality, operational efficiency, and easy installation. Innovative infrastructure offerings from Panduit - from the known and trusted network cables to design plans that maximize data center investment - affect day-to-day operations and profitability, and become the foundation for successful, connected, future-ready businesses. With a robust partner ecosystem, global staff, and unmatched service and support, Panduit is a valuable and trusted advisor and provider, helping companies around the globe solve infrastructure challenges. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=457621333&sourceType=29
Keywords: Panduit, Tinley Park , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Professions , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!