Trade and Customs Specialist
Company: Panduit Corporation
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: June 22, 2022
What We Can Offer YouOur Total Rewards Program provides
competitive health and financial benefits as well as continuous
opportunities to learn, grow, and develop. We are committed to
offering our employees flexible work schedules and partial to full
time work from home opportunities to help you thrive. Additionally,
we encourage a spirit of continuous learning and promote
well-rounded development as part of our commitment to help you
realize your professional goals. Panduit recognizes that our
employees are key to our success, and we strive to cultivate a
diverse and inclusive work environment that strengthens our Company
and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
- 50% Remote Work
- Tuition assistance to attend college or obtain an advanced
- Opportunity for growth within our dynamic Logistics team
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 sick days + 1 volunteer day + 11
- 401K match (no vesting) + profit sharingWhat We Are Looking
ForThe Trade and Customs Specialist has the ability to work across
multiple, cross functional departments with strong critical
thinking skills and proven ability to work through complex
issues.They will support and assist in the design, implementation
and execution of the trade compliance function by providing
oversight and resolution of technical compliance issues which
impact the clearance or movement of goods.What You Will Do
- Conduct day-to-day trade activities, ensuring international
shipments are compliant. This includes shipping documentation,
export license determination, classification, valuation and
- Serve as the team's primary resource for export classifications
for product and technology throughout the product life cycle.
- Support Special Economic Zone (Free Trade Zones, Bonded
Warehouses, or IMMEX) maintenance and reporting requirements (as
- Identify export license requirements for employees, suppliers,
partners, customers and end-users.
- Timely and correct reporting to customs agencies as warranted,
monitor performance in accordance with KPI's and conducts
post-entry import audits. Oversees recordkeeping in accordance with
local Customs agency and Panduit requirements.
- Ensure correct Country of Origin marking and labeling as
required by U.S. regulations.
- Report time and/or cost savings opportunities through
initiatives or cost avoidance from current Special Economic Zone
functions (IMMEX, FTZ, Bonded Warehouse).
- Assist Trade Compliance in administering an effective import
and export compliance program to ensure company compliance with
regulatoryWhat You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain; Operations Management;
Business or related field or equivalent experience (required)
- 3 - 5 years of applicable experience, including Trade & Customs
compliance and Supply Chain
- Knowledge and familiarity with HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)
- Intermediate Supply Chain knowledge - Purchasing, Planning,
Inventory, Logistics, and/or Warehousing.
- Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment -
- Knowledge and familiarity with GTM a plusWe thank all those
interested in joining the Panduit team; however only those that
complete the online application and meet the minimum job
qualifications will be considered for this role.Panduit celebrates
diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees.Panduit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Panduit Corporation, Tinley Park , Trade and Customs Specialist, Professions , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!