Guest Service Rep/Front Desk
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Guest Service Representative works at the front desk of the
hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out
departing guests. Providing excellent customer services to current
and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to
direct actions in selling rooms.
- Block all incoming reservations based on guest requests and
- Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary,
pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on the
envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
- Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent
information is obtained, registration card is completed, and method
of payment is established.
- Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest
accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and
other public areas.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest
regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest
- Document all guest requests, concerns and communication
information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company
information, correspondence reports and files.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual
- Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong
customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion
in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change
Keywords: NHS, Tinley Park , Guest Service Rep/Front Desk, Other , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!