Estimator - Commercial Construction
Company: Michael Page
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Commercial and Municipal Estimator needed for a highly
recognized Chicago general contractor. This role is based out in
the southwestern Chicago suburbs and has the potential to grow into
a Chief Estimator role within a few years. This role offers above
market base salary, bonus potential, and strong benefits. Apply
today!Client DetailsOne of Chicago's fastest growing companies.
This construction company, based in Mokena, has a track record for
excellence resulting from a combination of wide-ranging experience,
exceptional teamwork, and phenomenal growth. Their pipeline is
significantly higher than anticipated for the next couple years.
Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive
company culture and they want to grow their team with strong
- Project Portfolio: Commercial, Municipal, Education
- Project Locations: Mainly Chicagoland area
- Family oriented culture
- Solid leadership out of top general contractors
- Hands off management approach
- Great relationships with subcontractors
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2022 leading into
2023DescriptionThe key responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Managing all documentation to ensure the project is compliant,
remains on schedule, and remains within budget while monitoring all
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing, and filling all as-built
drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and lien
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time
required to meet deadlines.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success
of the overall project and company
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple
delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with
subcontractors and suppliers.ProfileThe successful Estimator:
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management,
Architecture, or Project Management preferred
- Commercial, education and municipal estimating experience is
- 9+ years of experience in construction with general
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to mentor and grow into a leadership role Job Offer
- A competitive base salary between $95,000-$115,000 (Depending
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based.
- Healthcare coverage for you AND your family
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- 10 PTO Days
- Company wide events
- Company phone and laptop provided
- DE&I InitiativeMPI does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or
class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI
encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled,
protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Keywords: Michael Page, Tinley Park , Estimator - Commercial Construction, Other , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!