Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job Description -The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an
Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to
present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a
manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education
and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical
records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and
families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the
high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships
internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and
address any questions the patient and/or patient's family has
concerning hospice and palliative care. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and
transition to care process with the ability to further develop
skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families,
physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to
develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile
- Reliable means of transportation. QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Previous sales or service experience preferred EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree preferred SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V #LI-MS1 #LI-Onsite - About Us VITAS - Healthcare
is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the
resources and expertise to support your personal and professional
growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment
working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an
employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as
a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our
hospice mission. All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their
duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for
professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused
constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and
compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing,
innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your
voice heard-find your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: -
Competitive compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care
flexible spending accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with
numerous investment options and generous company match- Cancer
and/or critical illness benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time
Off- Employee Assistance Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside
Assistance- Affinity Program Many of our positions offer the
opportunity to work -day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Tinley Park , Admissions RN, Other , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!