Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: October 5, 2021
The Manager, Software Engineering is accountable for managing
and coordinating resources and processes to deliver Production
Operations releases, comprised of defect remediation and minor
enhancements, that are fully aligned with the objectives
established by senior business stakeholders. This person will
also coordinate inter-departmental resources during improvement
efforts or major-incident remediation; work closely with the
product development team to ensure broad collaboration on design,
fault-tolerance, and best practices; and assist in the management
of third-party vendor relationships. This is a key role,
supporting global clients.
Work from home days possible.
- Following a hybrid Kanban methodology, maintain effective
execution of assignments throughout the group.
- Ensure that defect remediation, issues in production, and major
incidents are addressed effectively per established SLA’s.
- Work closely with the Business Product Owners and Technical
Product Owners to ensure the team has appropriate product and
technical specifications, directions, and resources to deliver
releases based on realistic estimates and timelines and ensure that
deadlines are consistently met.
- Ensure all aspects of the “lifecycle” are adhered to and
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead
team members to their optimum performance levels and career
- Provide system metrics and SLA reporting for internal and
- Facilitate the translation of business requirements into
technical needs and actions
- All aspects of supervising independent software contractors,
software engineers and outsourcing partners
- Maintain a process for transitioning responsibility from the
Development Team to the Production Operations Team before the
production release “warranty period” expires.
- Work closely with the Product Owners to understand the
system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Supervise training and development of software engineering
staff, promoting continued professional development.
- Ensure software engineering personnel are suitably trained to
perform all job function and suitably use project and software
- 3+ years in an engineering management role with direct
experience supervising a software engineering/development
- 3+ years directing or participating in Agile/Scrum or Kanban
- Solid leadership, project management, time management, and
- Understanding of cloud hosting, SaaS or PaaS. (Experience with
the Salesforce Service Cloud a significant plus.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage software releases from
development to QA to UAT to Production.
- Experience developing or working with Salesforce Service Cloud
a significant plus.
- Experience working with Informatica and/or Mulesoft
workflows/APIs a strong plus.
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Experience working in Production Support or Production
- Good communication skills; able to translate business
requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
Keywords: Assurant, Tinley Park , Manager, Software Engineering, Other , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!