At Emerson Power and Water Solutions, we drive innovation that
makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more
If you are a degreed engineering professional looking for an
opportunity to grow, Emerson has an opening for you! Based in our
Greater Chicago (Tinley Park, IL) location, you will be part of a
team that performs a variety of sophisticated engineering functions
as related to installation, service and maintenance of Emerson's
products to meet the customer's requirements and environment. The
Senior Turbine Field Engineer is directly responsible for the
successful commissioning of the TURBINE CONTROL SYSTEMS throughout
As a Sr. Turbine Field Engineer you will:
- Supervision of control system retrofits and installations.
- Site project management and scheduling.
- Verification and functional testing of I/O interfaces to field
- Calibration and tuning of Electro-hydraulic, electrical, and
pneumatic valve interfaces.
- Functional testing of steam turbine and auxiliary
- Tuning and optimization of PID controllers and control
- Identifying and communicating areas for process and design
- Compliance with internal and customer safety and security
- Encouraging project communication and teamwork.
Who You Are:
You establish and maintain effective customer relationships; you
have experience doing a start up in the past and you love the
freedom to be the subject matter expert on every site! You travel
and solve problems that can influence the safe generation of power.
You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning.
You get out of your comfort zone and volunteer for assignments that
represent a new challenge.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical,
Electrical Engineering Technology, Chemical) or Computer Science
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on field experience
- Experience with crafting and implementing control system
- Proven expertise and experience with steam turbine process,
control, and protection philosophy
- Sophisticated troubleshooting, problem-solving,
decision-making, and planning skills
- Requires up to 80% travel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or controls
- Proficiency with configuring logic and HMIs of one or more DCS
- Steam Generation process knowledge (e.g. boiler, HRSG, Combined
Cycle, Cogeneration, Coordinated Controls, etc.).
- Familiarity with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process &
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical, mechanical, and
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace
knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global
economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from
onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right
options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance
plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including
paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on
people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every
employee is valued and respected for their experiences and
perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment
contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation
and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is
fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility
to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming,
respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses.
Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and
connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values
and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to
work in the United States. This is not a position for which
sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such
as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for
work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran
status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any
discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or
using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by
sending an email to email@example.com.