Physician Services AR Representative II
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare.
Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to
value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare
experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are
you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that
gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare
services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to
take your career to the next step!
The primary purpose of the REP, PHYS SVC AR II team is to pursue
reimbursement of services rendered and achieve accounts receivable
resolution. This team works through open accounts receivables
(denials and delinquent accounts) by actively calling payer
organizations or utilizing web-based connectivity. Team members
manage accounts by utilizing the IDX Paperless Collection System
and Epic follow-up work queues.
The core responsibilities of a REP, PHYS SVC AR II is to perform
collection follow-up steps with insurance carriers and/or patients
regarding open accounts receivable and/or delinquent accounts to
result in maximum cash collections for our clients. Specific tasks
include resolving insurance carrier denials, appealing claims,
contacting carriers on open accounts and responding to insurance
carrier correspondence and/or inquiries. This position holds
additional duties with respect to research and possible exposure to
multiple practice management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact insurance carriers through website, email or telephone
to resolve outstanding accounts
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials
- Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved invoices to insurance
- Research and respond to insurance correspondence
- Update registration information, post denial codes and
adjustments in practice management systems
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected
- May provide internal coverage for Customer Service calls
- Others may be assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare collections and/or
healthcare related field
- Previous experience with medical billing systems preferred: IDX
or Epic experience a plus
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes
- Understanding of government payers and other commercial/managed
care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve
problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills to recognize
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Moderate skill with Microsoft Office applications: Word,
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired
knowledge to future duties
- Builds Team Relationships - Invites others to share opinions.
Partners with employees in other departments. Actively seeks ways
to help team members.
- Communicates Effectively - Expresses ideas clearly and
succinctly with small or large audiences. Listens attentively to
speaker's message without interruption. Tailors writing to audience
using correct grammar and spelling.
- Compliance with Laws, Policies and Procedures - Adheres to
company handbook and policies. Demonstrates behavior consistent
with Code of Conduct. Adheres to compliance program and
- Develops Self - Seeks opportunities for continuous learning.
Modifies behavior in response to feedback. Knows personal strengths
and weaknesses and demonstrates ownership for personal
- Displays Adaptability - Performs well in high pressure or
stressful situations. Works effectively when direction is unclear
or rapidly changing. Demonstrates persistence in the face of
- Drives for Results - Delivers high quality work and attains
results. Demonstrates personal drive and pushes self and others for
results and quality work. Response appropriately to urgent
- Focus on the Customer/Client - Ensures that clients have a
positive experience. Responds to clients in a timely manner.
Demonstrates tact and empathy when responding to clients.
- Respects Others - Displays sensitivity to the needs and
concerns of others. Interacts with others in an open,
- Shows Reliability - Takes personal responsibility for actions
and decisions. Consistently works assigned schedule. Acts
responsibly and can be counted on to accomplish goals
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Tinley Park , Physician Services AR Representative II, Other , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!