Company: CRACKER BARREL
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: November 1, 2018
The Dishwasher provides guest service by assuring that all tableware, glassware, chinaware, and cooking utensils are sanitary and clean. The Dishwasher is the person most responsible for making sure that guest health is protected by always using the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant. Although the Dishwasher rarely serves guests directly, the work done by the Dishwasher is critical to every guest and the people who directly serve guests.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides guest service by assuring that all tableware, glassware, chinaware, and cooking utensils are sanitary and clean
- Responsible for making sure that guest health is protected by always using the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the store
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies of safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Stand for long periods of time
- Reach and lift overhead up to 25 pounds
- Work in hot and cold temperature extremes subject to fluctuations for long periods of time.
- Work in environment where smoke, fumes, steam, and other airborne particles are present
- Work around, handle, operate, and control hot equipment and products in a safe manner
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
In compliance with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other class expressly protected by law. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the laws of the respective state of employment. If you feel this policy has been violated, you may report such instances to the Employee Relations Department online (http://www.crackerbarrel.com/contact-us/employee/ ) or toll free at 1 800-333-9566.
Keywords: CRACKER BARREL, Tinley Park , Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!