Company: TGI Fridays
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: September 18, 2022
**YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION**
6 MONTHS OF BARTENDING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to Guests of
bar and service bar following standard recipes and the company's
policies; merchandises drinks; and is attentive to Guests, making
them feel welcome, at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains a warm, welcoming , "Corner Bar" atmosphere.
- ID all Guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40
years old or younger.
- Properly and promptly prepare, garnish, and serve drinks to
- Engages with Guests by making drinks in front of the Guest
using working flair.
- Knows the menu and how to read each Guest to make appropriate
beverage and food recommendations.
- Upsells Guests on food or drink items when appropriate.
- Keeps a clean, organized bar area.
- Accurately rings up all orders in the POS system while
maintaining ability to socialize with Guests.
- Following all relevant brand standards for service.
- Builds Guests count by promoting specials and building a
- Strictly adheres to responsible alcohol service standards and
is able to successfully "slow down a Guest" or cutoff an
intoxicated Guest when necessary.
- Following standards for Responsible Alcohol Service
- Guest Experience
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Successfully complete revalidation as outlined in the annual
"World Bartender Championship" CompetitionManual
- Keeping a clean and presentable Bar area
- 100% Recipe adherence
- 100% Cash handling adherence per company policy
- Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved
dress code at all times
- Must be able to mix drinks quickly and accurately in a
fast-paced, high volume environment
- Must follow standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Must meet local jurisdiction requirements, including but not
limited to obtaining required certifications
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system , make change correctly
and make credit card transactions
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry Guests and notify a
- Must be able to pass initial and annual validation
- Must be able to respond clearly to Guests' requests
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 lb. cases and carry short
distances, up or down stairs
- Must be able to stand during entireshift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir and wipe
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in hot water (every 5
EXPERT INSTIGATORS - Creates a seamless Guest experience for by
being the face of the bar, welcoming the Guests, and
enthusiastically meeting their needs.
- Creates a strong first impression promptly greeting Guests,
even if they are not coming to the bar area.
- Remembers the names and favorite drinks of regular Guests.
- Makes a difference in the Guest experience by personalizing
service to exceed Guest expectations.
- Goes above and beyond to establish a personal connection with
Guests to make them feel warm, welcomeand appreciated.
- Makes the bar an attractive and exciting place to visit.
- Establishes a strong rapport with all Guests to create Friday's
fans and repeat business.
- Able to read Guests needs and feelings and tailors their
approach to match their mood.
COMMUNICATION - Creates an environment of ongoing, open,
back-and-forth diaologue with coworkers and Guests.
- Interacts in an open, sincere manner to build rapport with
Guests and Team Members.
- Uses tact in their interactions with Guests and keeps
conversation positive and productive.
- Listens attentively and actively and responds
- Asks open-ended thoughtful questions to create two-way
- Makes communication with the team an ongoing process through
formal and informal meetings before, during,and after the
FLAIR & SALESMANSHIP - Sells the TGI Fridays experience by creating
an entertaining "show" in the bar.
- Demonstrates a unique, irreverent style that is personal and
- Confidently makes and serves enticing drinks Guests want.
- Possesses a contagious energy that translates to Guests and
- Knows TGI Fridays drinks and menu items and speaks
knowledgeably to make personal recommendations.
- Grows the business and expertly upsells menu items where
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the Guest experience and
takes initiative to make changes as needed.
PERSONAL OWNERSHIP & ACCOUNTABILITY - Takes ownership for the bar
area, demonstrates a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Knows and abides by all applicable laws and regulations around
- Consistently executes on standards of responsible service of
- Effectively sets up the bar before their shift in order to have
everything they need on hand.
- Keeps the bar area clean, presentable, and engaging to the
- Demonstrates global awareness by knowing what is happening
throughout the bar at all times.
- Admits mistakes and takes prompt action to correct them.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental liquors, drink recipes,
and the craft of mixology.
- Delivers consistent quality of service and energy and
encourages fellow staff to do the same.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE - Knows that anything can and will
happen and is willing to mix things up anyway.
- Addresses daily challenges and obstacles with confidence and a
- Confidently handles many tasks and demands at once without
becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered.
- Promptly anticipates and reacts to potential Guest needs and
- Dives into peak service situations with energy and ease.
- Maintains an even-tempered demeanor and stays in control of
situations at all times.
- Proactively handles escalating situations in a calm, mature,
and tactful manner.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION - Fuels an environment where everyone
pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish
- Eagerly accommodates Guest overflow from the dining area.
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with
team to maintain a productive environment.
- Works seamlessly with the bar and BOH staff to stay on top of
- Serves as a role model and mentor for Team Members.
Offering up to $25 / hour
Bartender - Cocktail / Barback / Basset / Alcohol License
Keywords: TGI Fridays, Tinley Park , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!