RN, Cert BIO Chemo - Oncology
Company: Dupage Medical Group
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: November 17, 2022
RN, Cert BIO ChemoOverview
Good enough isn't for us. Duly Health and Care's team members show
up every day driven to exceed expectations. We challenge
assumptions and invite dissent to accomplish bold goals and unleash
the most extraordinary work of your career. We see and support the
remarkable in every person within and beyond the walls of our
Duly Health and Care works to understand what matters most to you.
We recruit and retain team members who share a relentless passion
and pride for helping others live happier and healthier lives. We
invest in helping our team members develop their talents in a way
that is rich in personal meaning. We invite you to join us, fulfill
your purpose and make your mark!
Are you ready to challenge the expected to deliver the
Under the direction of Site Physician(s) and Practice Manager,
responsible for assessment and treatment of patients in an
outpatient/office setting. Provides treatment and follow-up
education consistent with patient's age and cultural needs.
Responds to all patient inquiries, prioritizing responses and
routing urgent situations to a physician, PA or NP (hereafter
Provider). Maintains accurate and appropriate documentation and
follows patient privacy in accordance with HIPPA and Boncura
policies and procedures. Acts as role model for all other care
givers in the coordination of patient care. Performs to the level
of a licensed registered nurse or practical nurse as dictated by
the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and Midwest Physician Adminstrative
The Journeys and Adventures that Await
* Assists Physician in assuring high patient satisfaction and
* Provide education on disease processes and on chemotherapy,
including precautions, possible side effects, and signs and
symptoms to report to M.D. Provides information on prosthesis and
wigs, etc. as needed. Provides education on nutrition and on
treatment of side effects.
* Administers medication to patients as directed by M.D. Initiates
IV's via central venous devices or by peripheral access and
administers chemotherapy pre-meds, chemotherapy, Remicade, and
other meds as prescribed by M.D. Monitors patients closely for
adverse reactions, notifies M.D., and treats appropriately as
needed per M.D. orders.
* Provides emotional support to patients and family as needed.
Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Records treatment given to patient, assesses, records, and
reports patient condition, reaction to drugs, and treatment to M.D.
Records medication given to patient including dosage and route and
records teaching given.
* Adheres to appropriate chemotherapy safety and precautions, per
policy. Has appropriate equipment available in case of chemo spill.
Has knowledge of extravasation precautions and treatment of
extravasation should it occur.
* Assists with bone marrow aspiration/biopsy procedure. Obtains
consent, prepares equipment, assists with procedure and prepares
biopsy/aspirate to be sent to lab.
* Attends required meetings and participates on committees as
* Participates in professional development activities and maintains
* On occasion, when needed for increased workload necessity, or
when receptionist is absent:
* Prepare patients for physical exam including taking vital signs
* Screen patients for appropriate information
* Instruct patients on testing and procedures
* Arranges for patient testing and treatments and admissions
* Responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and direct calls as
* Schedules patient appointment.
* Performs other projects and duties as related to department
* Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to
accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to
follow work rules.
The Experiences You Bring
* Graduate of an accredited nursing school
* Possession of State Registered Nurse license. Current
chemotherapy biotherapy certification required
* CPR certification
* Two years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting
* Previous experience in oncology required
Keywords: Dupage Medical Group, Tinley Park , RN, Cert BIO Chemo - Oncology, Healthcare , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!