Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Purpose:Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment
room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and
materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed
procedures and protocols
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting,
seating, and draping patient.
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering
questions and requests.
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering
instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for
dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on
instruments and in the patient's mouth.
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing
radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply,
and emergency telephone directory.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records. *
Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols.
* Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
* Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as
needed to accomplish job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Skills/Qualifications:Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental
Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services, Creating a Safe,
Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies, Performing
Coronal Polishing and Sealant Certificate and orthodontic
Keywords: Monster, Tinley Park , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!