Tinley Park 911 Paramedic
Company: Kurtz Ambulance
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Job Description:Kurtz/ American Medical Response (AMR)Tinley
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Perks To Working With Us At Tinley Park!
Stationed At A Firehouse With Day Room And Bunk Room!Only 10
Scheduled Shifts A Month!Average Less Than 3 Calls In A 24 Hour
Shift!2019 Box Ambulances Or Newer!Ambulances Staffed With Two
Medics!Generous Uniform Allowance!Exceptional Benefits Including
401k Match!State Of The Art Equipment!
Company Summary: Our mission of providing care to the world at a
moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are
caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need
us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Position Summary: The mission and purpose the Paramedic position is
to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well
as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action
and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including
defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous
fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to
provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical
direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information
and assurance that care is being given, and to show
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications, Paramedic,
BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification
(where applicable or required by contract)
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data
and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all
allied health and public safety personnel.
- Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street
signs and address numbers.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration
due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio
as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security
policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members
(including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital
facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their
needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account
manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and
establish strong community relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced
- Current state Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid State Driver's License.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider
Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving
policy.EEO Statement:Global Medical Response and its family of
companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and
Keywords: Kurtz Ambulance, Tinley Park , Tinley Park 911 Paramedic, Healthcare , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!