Senior Manager, Real Estate
Company: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Overview: Calling all corporate Real Estate folks! Cracker
Barrel is on the search for an experienced real estate professional
to join the team as our next Real Estate Manager. In this role, you
will be responsible for the identification and acquisition of the
best available restaurant sites for Maple Street Biscuit Company
and Cracker Barrel. Responsibility:
- Analyzes assigned territory by constant travel and presence in
the markets to determine market feasibility and site availability.
Obtains and analyzes economic and demographic data in order to
ensure project success based on cohesive factors, area
demographics, access, visibility, development costs, code
requirements, and sales projections.
- Manages numerous real estate brokers in pursuit of sites while
screening and evaluating other potential sites submitted by
landowners. Presents selected sites to Senior Management for review
- Negotiates real estate transactions with owners, developers,
brokers, and attorneys in order to obtain best available sites at
the lowest cost and under terms and conditions acceptable to
Cracker Barrel. Reviews comparable sales of other commercial
properties, site utilities, zoning, land restrictions, title
matters, and timing issues associated with permitting and closing.
Assists Construction Project Manager in obtaining information and
cost factors for incorporation into a construction site
investigation and cost estimates.
- Drafts contracts and leases based upon negotiations with
sellers and their attorneys to assist Cracker Barrel Real Estate
Attorney complete final real estate contract. Reviews final draft,
obtains signatures from seller, and ensures contracts are fully
executed. Ensures escrows are opened on timely basis.
- Conducts site visits with Pre-Development Manager in order to
review contractual obligations, physical aspects of site, and
identify development and permitting requirements. Meets with city
officials, developers, engineers, etc. and identifies problems
requiring resolution by and between the real estate and
construction personnel. Manages civil engineers and attorneys to
complete subdivisions, re-platting, re-zoning, or site plan
- Assists Senior Management in long-range and immediate strategic
planning by conducting research to identify new markets and trade
areas. Analyzes market conditions in order to project future growth
areas and originate long-range development plans.
- Serves as liaison for zoning, state, and local agencies. Meets
with appropriate officials to discuss and resolve certain
development issues in order to ensure site acquisition occurs on a
timely basis and inaccordance with all codes and regulations as
well as Cracker Barrel needs.
- Oversees the disposal/sale of surplus properties and other
non-site specific real estate matters. Collaborates with Facility
Services on necessary repairs and maintenance to surplus property.
- Bachelors degree in business, real estate, or related field 5-7
years commercial real estate acquisition/disposition or management
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience in the restaurant or retail industry is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including
- Working knowledge of real estate purchase contracts, leases,
site acquisition, etc.
- Knowledge of real estate codes, regulations, and related legal
- Knowledge of construction terminology, blueprints, techniques,
permitting, and site design.
- Working knowledge of title commitments and reports.
- General knowledge and understanding of finance, including
project budget planning, and construction procedures/methods.
- Organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- This is a remote role. Must be willing and able to travel up to
75% of the timeNOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through
unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store,
and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the
principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our
employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in
genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good
about those things. While our dcor and food may harken back to
earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and
diversity do not.
Keywords: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Tinley Park , Senior Manager, Real Estate, Executive , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!