Company: Strata Decision Technology
Posted on: July 18, 2018
Here @Strata---We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We'll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you'll do in this role:As the Network Engineer, you will design, install, administer, and optimize network devices, firewalls, and VPN appliances to achieve high performance of all business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of applications, configuring network services, providing project support and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the network infrastructure.
- Manage the design, installation, maintenance, and management of an enterprise network consisting of Dell, HP, Palo Alto, and Cisco.
- Administer enterprise firewalls and VPN including but not limited to remote access VPN, point to point connections, radius and multifactor authentication, and firewall rule creation and modification.
- Work with members of the Security and Compliance team on audits and compliance requirements.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of network solutions and associated transport, application delivery and network performance.
- Build and troubleshoot software-defined storage networks using a leaf-spine topology.
- Present management reports on network utilization including traffic profiling with Netflow
- Conduct capacity planning as needed
- Serve as a strategic contact for the escalation of network issues
- Plan and implement network infrastructure upgrades, including identification of end-of-life/support equipment, maintenance activities including code versions and configuration management.
- Maintain the enterprise QoS strategy and make changes as required
- Recommend and execute modifications to network infrastructure environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain network documentation.
- Ensure the appropriate tools and resources are in place to enable the team to respond quickly to network outages and customer trouble reports.
- Work with outside vendors on new product offerings, pricing, support and availability of networking hardware and software.
- Lead, mentor and/or provide guidance to other members of the team.
Your accomplishments include:
- Minimum 5+ years of networking and firewall experience
- Certifications such as CCNP, PCNSE, or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills' the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems.
- Specifically, this position will require daily utilization and problem-solving skills with respect to the following technologies (candidate does not need to be skilled in all the following areas but needs to be knowledgeable on most):
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012r2
- Ubuntu Linux
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Networking
- Security assessment tools such as Nessus, BURP, and NMAP
- Domain structures, user authentication, and public key infrastructure
- Time management and organizational skills are imperative.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and personnel.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learned principles
Keywords: Strata Decision Technology, Tinley Park, Network Engineer, Engineering, Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!