Mechanical Engineer - Product R&D
Company: Panduit: Women's, Military, & Diversity
Location: Tinley Park
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Panduit, we want our employees to know they are valued by
empowering them to share their unique insights and perspectives
which fuels innovation and helps our customers create more
meaningful connections. We're looking for candidates who are
curious, insightful, collaborative and committed to building a
sustainable and connected world.
What We Can Offer You
Our Total Rewards Program provides competitive health and financial
benefits as well as continuous opportunities to learn, grow, and
develop. We are committed to offering our employees flexible work
schedules and remote work opportunities to help you thrive.
Additionally, we encourage a spirit of continuous learning and
promote well-rounded development as part of our commitment to help
you realize your professional goals. Panduit recognizes that our
employees are key to our success, and we strive to cultivate a
diverse and inclusive work environment that strengthens our Company
and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
- State of the art laboratories and rapid modeling tool room to
- Deeper technical development, opportunities for special
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 sick days + 1 volunteer day + 11
- Tuition assistance to attend college or obtain an advanced
What We Are Looking For
Located at our state-of-the-art Jack. E. Caveney Innovation Center
facility, the Mechanical Engineer - Product R&D will join a
collaborative team that develops new products and sustains existing
products focused on infrastructure products.
You will perform complex engineering calculations, investigations,
and tasks. This includes problem solving, preparing CAD models and
building prototypes, conducting experiments, analysis, design and
development of products (ranging from fiber connectivity products
to network infrastructure) and ability to implement for mass
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with more experienced engineers and coordinates
cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks and builds working
relationships internally and externally.
- Perform engineering activities by following defined processes,
procedures, and instructions.
- Conduct technical investigations to i dentify and prioritize
work to meet assignment expectations, develop test plans working
with mentor and review results with the team.
- Originate evaluates and develops formal project requests and
manage technical projects with limited scope or phases of a more
complex technical project.
- Prepare reports, graphs, planning layouts, and summaries
designed to communicate project progress or results.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve routine and non-routine
issues and escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Analyze and create technical documentation and compiles test
records and documentation.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering is required
- 2-4 years of Product Engineer experience
- Fiber connector design experience a plus
We thank all those interested in joining the Panduit team; however
only those that complete the online application and meet the
minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Panduit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Day (United States of America)
Keywords: Panduit: Women's, Military, & Diversity, Tinley Park , Mechanical Engineer - Product R&D, Engineering , Tinley Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!