Senior Media Buyer
Posted on: September 25, 2018
Senior Media Buyer
The Senior Media Buyer will be responsible for placing TV and other relevant ads in order to drive the right amount of traffic into the AccuQuote and partner Call Centers while minimizing our Cost per Call. Call targets will be arrived at during weekly planning sessions with key business leaders. The media buyer should understand the Final Expense insurance industry, our competition and what it takes to thrive in the media landscape. The Senior Media Buyer should be able to analyze data in order to assure that we're making swift and intelligent progress as it pertains to optimizing spend and driving down cost per call while simultaneously driving the proper amount of calls into the call center(s).
Bringing the Senior Media Buyer role under the AccuQuote umbrella will serve AccuQuote in many ways to include: Optimizing the AccuQuote Call Center by giving us the ability to increase Calls/Employee/Day while simultaneously mitigating dropped calls, creating the ability for us to drive down our cost per call.
You may have seen AccuQuote on NBC's TODAY Show, CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, Kiplinger's and many other major media outlets and financial publications. AccuQuote provides consumers with an alternative to the traditional face-to-face life insurance buying experience. Instead of having to choose from the limited product selection of a single carrier, AccuQuote represents over a dozen top-rated, trusted insurance companies, so consumers can compare rates from several carriers instantly. In short, we provide an online comparison shopping experience consumers want and expect.
AccuQuote.com also provides a wealth of insurance information for consumers to do their own research. Then, our expert, licensed agents contact each customer, confirm their needs, and assist them through the essential steps in the application process, ensuring a stress-free purchasing experience. Our working environment blends online innovation with personalized one-on-one customer service. AccuQuote has a collaborative and friendly environment that includes an employee benefit package and a casual dress code. The company office is located in Wheeling, IL.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- You must have at least 3+ years of experience working in an agency setting as a Media Planner/Senior Media Planner, with a minimum of 1 year working on a digital-heavy assignment.
- Solid understanding of PI market and cash buy
- Position is in house with access to all departments and leadership
- Experience with Life Insurance a plus
- Knowledge of the call center environment
- Advanced proficiency of syndicated research tools
- You're a "people person" who likes a casual work environment, and co-workers with a sense of humor.
- Responsible for planning, negotiating, and buying national and local broadcast.
- Performing various calculations to determine projected response levels, call volumes and audience delivery.
- Conferring with the other members of AccuQuote to meet marketing goals and objectives.
- Constructing post-buy analyses to determine actual delivery of the schedule - from both a Direct Response and Awareness basis.
- Managing contract negotiations and execution, ensuring department and corporate policies are followed
- Working with legal to create or update contracts with new and existing supplier
- Tenacious enough to help us build this from the ground up, and has the foundation of knowledge to do so.
- Contribute to consumer research, channel role development and KPI development.
- Lead market overviews, competitive reviews and development of buy guidelines.
- Being comfortable working with budgets and numbers.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead a team
- Ambitious, eager to achieve goals
- Skillful negotiator
- Knowledge of all planning/buying tools
- Demonstrates a collaborative, team-first attitude and approach
- Strong backbone
- Sense of partnership
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel, Work and Power Point.
- Strong communication and people skills; positive attitude and team player.
- Experience buying local markets and national media is required.
What We Offer
- Full Benefits Package - Health, Dental, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance & Short/Long-Term Disability
- Professional Growth & Developmental Opportunities
- Casual Dress Environment - you'll fit right in wearing your jeans and gym shoes!
- Fun, Team-Oriented Atmosphere
- Ping Pong, Billiards and more!
Keywords: AccuQuote, Tinley Park , Senior Media Buyer, Advertising , Wheeling, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!